Pastor Eason serves on the Board of several organizations and colleges including:
- The Regional Council of Churches of Atlanta
- Morris Brown College Trustee Board
- Trustee Board of Turner Theological Seminary & The Interdenominational Theological Center
He has contributed to several publications and productions.
Among some of his writings and published works are:
- “Looking at AIDS through the eyes of God” (A.M.E. Church Review, 1990);
- “Dreams and Nightmares” (A.M.E. Church Review, 1995);
- Evidence of Transformative Ministry (A.M.E. Church Review, 2012);
- “A Small Boy with a Big Fish” (an article in the African American Study Bible)
- Commentator for “This Far by Faith: African American Spiritual Journeys” – a joint production of Blackside, Inc. and the Faith Project – aired on PBS Television.